Post Pandemic Planning - Are you Ready?
The welcome news of a Covid vaccine means that there is finally some light at the end of the Covid tunnel. Whilst there is still some distance left to run in terms of the pandemic and it’s affects, it looks as though there will be a return to some sort of normality in 2021.
How ready is your business for that return? Have you started planning for it or are you still taking each day as it comes?
Whilst there are a lot of unknowns, I believe that planning needs to start now if it hasn’t already to map out the future that you want for your organisation or business.
For example, if you have some staff working remotely and some staff working in an office how will they work together in the future? Will the current arrangements continue? If not, how will you bring all the staff back together again – do you need to do some teambuilding?
Is the current organisational structure the right one for the future? Does it support the business strategy?
This period of planning does offer a chance to reset or reimagine your business – maybe even change the culture within your company if such a change is needed.
If you find thinking about the future a bit daunting, here’s a simple five step plan that may help:
1. Revisit your business strategy – or write one if you do not have one in place. Everything you do should flow from that. The strategy should be a simple one that you can track and measure but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t aim high.
2. Once your strategy is written, think about the processes and structures you will need to deliver it. These are the key pillars on which your strategy will stand.
3. Make a plan – this will help you to make the necessary steps in the right order.
4. Implement – the first step is often the toughest so look for quick early wins to help build momentum
5. Evaluate your progress all along the way so that you can address any emerging issues before they become too difficult.
Alongside this consider your organisational or business culture – will it support your strategy or undermine it?
I have worked with and led some brilliant teams who achieved far more together than any of us expected, I have also worked with some teams who are very divided and are not at all cohesive. Addressing team culture and cultural change can be tricky but not impossible.
If you want to know more please feel free to get in touch. Together we can move mountains.